CVO Marketing – We Love Wine
CVO Marketing was started by Cobie & Bjorn van Oort in 2001 to do marketing & sales consulting to the wine industry. Over the years the company has done short-, medium- and long term consultancy, mentoring and marketing work with various wineries as well as other wine-related projects.
Cobie and Björn outsource certain functions, if needed. Both owners are completely immersed in the wine industry and have travelled extensively to other wine countries, giving them a broad overview of the international situation in the wine industry.
- Marketing (Advertising, PR, Publicity, Promotions, Special events, Sales).
- Mentoring, especially for junior marketing staff.
- Arranging Functions, Shows and Wine Events as well as Golf Days.
- Media liaison, Strategic advice, Marketing plans, Sales advice and Exports.
Present & past winery clients
- Avontuur Estate – Since Sept 2003. Full marketing services, embedded in company, managing strategy, budgets, staff and all marketing and sales activities. Mondays and Wednesday and as needed.
- Boschendal – Since April 2015. PR, writing and assisting with mentoring. Events planning
- Arra Wines – From November 2009 – February 2010. Mentoring.
- Solms Delta – From January 2009. Marketing & Sales advice, mentoring.
- Somerbosch Winery – May-Dec 2008. Searching for and appointing a marketing person, mentoring and training. Reference: .
- Grande Provence – Nov 2006-May 2008. Assisting with setting up and managing the marketing and sales departments and functions. Three days per week and as needed. Reference: Rykie van Tonder: ex-GM. 082-803-1356.
- Chamonix – Februrary 2005-Dec 2006. Assisting newly appointed marketing manager, mentoring, training. Reference: Caron, 083-255-4239.
- Ayama – August 2013 – . Assisting with Marketing & PR
- Yonder Hill – May 2015 – , Newsletter
Other clients & projects
Wine Tasting Clubs – From 1998. Monthly tutored tastings, wine weekends, International trip annually, specialised wine events.
- Helderberg Wine Festival. (5 Years)
- Pinotage & Biltong Festival (4 Years)
- Cab Franc Challenge and Carnival (3 Years)
- Winter Wine Festival (2 Years)
- Helderberg Wine Route – all PR & Promotions from 2008 – 2011
- Stellenbosch Wine Routes – events for the Helderberg Sub-route like Taste of the Helderberg and the Helderberg Wine Route Amazing Race – 4 years
- Cape Gate Shopping Centre – We Love Wine Festival
- Tygervalley Centre – Taste of Tygervalley
Cobie van Oort – a short CV
- 1981: – Completed honours degree in Journalism & Marketing from Potchefstroom University.
- 1982: – Journalist with local and regional newspapers.
- 1983-2001: – Promotions, Sales and Marketing positions with Checkers, OK Bazaars and Shoprite. Left Shoprite/Checkers in 2001 (Title: Corporate Advertising Manager)to start own consultancy
- 2002: – Completed Cape Wine Academy up to Diploma 2 level.
- 2003: – Wine MBA (Selected modules) at Stellenbosch University, Business School.
Bjorn van Oort – a short CV
- 1984:- Completed BA Communications Honours Degree at Potchefstroom University
- Until 1998:- Various senior PR positions with Department of Transport and the Automobile Association.
- 1998 – 2000:- Golf Club Management, Stellenbosch Golf Club.
- 2000 – Golf Events & Days, Wine Events & Shows, Marketing & PR for the Helderberg Wine Route, Managing 5 Wine Clubs.
- 2009/2010:- Completed Cape Wine Academy courses up to Certificate level.